Our new Fleet Management feature allows system administrators to securely and remotely configure enrolled devices. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Has 75″ Vibe smartboard hardware (if you are using a Vibe smartboard 55″, please refer to this article.)
Content of this article:
Creating your first Vibe workspace
- Go to Vibe's admin portal from your laptop. Sign in or sign up with your email.
- Next, you'll be prompt to create a new workspace for your team. Enter a name for your company or team, and click Next.
- Now you've entered the admin portal. From here, you can remotely enroll and manage your Vibe devices.
Enroll Your Device
To remotely manage your Vibe devices, you first need to enroll your devices in the admin portal.
- In the admin portal, click the Device Management tab from the sidebar. All of your enrolled devices are listed here.
- Click Add Device and you will get a 6-digit pin code.
- On the new Vibe board, after setting language, time, network and device name, you can input the 6-digit pin code and click Enroll to get your device enrolled.
Note: In case of an invalid code, Refresh Pin in the admin portal and try again.
- Confirm your enrollment on the Vibe board by clicking Continue Enrollment.
Note: If you encounter the Enrollment failure problem, please refer to that article for help.
- In the admin portal, you will see a new device listed with two buttons: Approve or Ignore.
Click Approve to enroll the device in your admin portal.
- As for a used device, go to Setting -> Advanced -> Reset settings to Reset your Vibe board. Then you can add the device to a new workspace via the above steps.
Manage Your Device
In the admin portal, select the device you want to control. A sidebar will appear on the right side of the screen showing the advanced settings and configurations of this device.
- Advanced Settings allows you to choose Policy for your Vibe board.
Note: Policy allows you to set rules for all of your Vibe devices. The policy feature is only for Vibe Smartboard Pro 75″. Please read the next section "Manage Your Policy" for more information.
- About Device shows the basic information about your Vibe. You can modify your device name and location here.
- Remove Device allows you to delete an enrolled device from the device list.
Manage Your Policy
Policy allows you to set rules for all of your Vibe devices. It only applies to Vibe Smartboard Pro 75″. With the Policy feature, you can remotely manage Apps, user access, system updating, idle setting and URL blocking for your Vibe boards.
- To add a new policy, you can click Add Policy. Name it in the panel on the right side of the screen. After that, click Next to Edit Policy.
- Edit Policy panel on the right side of the screen allows you to remotely control Apps, users access, system updating, idle setting and URL blocking. Here you can also rename the policy and see the total number of devices where the policy is applied.
Note: By selecting the policy in your policy list, you can also get to this panel and edit the policy.
- App Management
You can allow all App installation on your device by selecting Allow all apps & extensions or refuse all by selecting Block all apps & extensions.
Add App allows you to remotely customize your Vibe board with extensions. You need to input the App name and id which you can find by searching it on the Chrome app store.
Note: You can find App id at the end of the URL.
Note: You can choose to Force Install, Block Install and Allow Install the App. Force Install: the App will be installed on the device now; Block Install: installation will be blocked on the device; Allow Install: users are allowed to install the App on the device.
- User Access panel allows you to control user access method of your Vibe board.
- You can enable auto system update in the System Update panel.
- Set idle time and idle action in the Idle Settings panel.
- Set your Blocked URLs and Blocked URLs Exceptions in the URL Blocking panel.
- Remove Policy allows you to delete a policy from the policy list.