Vibe boards currently support using Google services in experimental mode (ex: Google Play Store).
This functionality is currently under beta evaluation.
Please turn on the Google Play switch in Settings > Experimental, if you would like to try this beta feature on Vibe.
For a Personal Google Account
Sign into the Google Play Store with your personal Google account. Follow the instructions on the screen and you should be ready to go in minutes.
Your login will also be valid for all other Google services including Login with Google function.
For a Google Workspace Account
If your organization uses Google Workspace suite of apps, please follow the instructions below to set up your Google Workspace account on Vibe.
Note - If your Google Workspace Account admin is forcing work profiles on Android devices (as he/she would in most cases), you will NOT be able to use "Login with Google" to add your Google Workspace account on Vibe. Please follow the work-around below.
- First, please make sure that there isn't a already a work profile stored on the device. If so, please Factory Reset the board to provide a clean environment for the instructions below. If the device is just opened out of the box, proceed to the step 2.
- Ensure the board has been system upgraded to the latest available version (i.e. Settings -> General -> System Update -> Check Update)
- Enable Google Play Store in Settings -> Experimental
- Go to the Apps (by the Apps Launcher located at bottom center screen), you will see "Play Store" if it is successfully enabled in Step 3
- Press "Play Store" app and sign-in with your Organizational Google Workspace account, during this process, you may be asked to complete 2-step Verification, to configure device policy and to download the Device Policy app. Go ahead and follow the instructions to complete the step
- Go to the Apps (by pressing bottom center screen Apps Launcher), you will see the Device Policy app, click and proceed with the steps below.
- At this point, you may see a screen like this.
- Press Next, and Allow in the dialogue.
- Make sure to check the "I don't want a work profile" checkbox, and Next.
- Press "Activate this device administrator", then Enforce.
- If the Vibe has not set up a Screen Lock PIN yet, please find the red notice "Touch to change password" in Policies Section, and set up a password (PIN). This PIN will be prompted to input every time Vibe wakes up from sleep or restarts.
- Once the PIN setting is done, you will no longer see a red notice in the Device Policy app. This means your G Suite account has been set up properly on this Vibe.
As a result, Google Play Store, Login with Google function, and other Google Workspace apps are ready to use on Vibe.