What is the best product to use to clean the Vibe screen?
You can clean the screen using a microfiber cloth.
Unplug the display if you need to clean it with a slightly damp cloth. Any detergent that is safe for delicate screens can be used, such as this one.
Please do not use cleaning solutions that contain alcohol or ammonia.
How should I clean the Vibe styluses?
Standard cleaning products should be fine to use on the Vibe passive styluses (please be sure to let them dry completely before using them on the screen).
- Unplug your Vibe when not in use or at night to conserve power and prolong the life of your device.
- Keep the display out of direct sunlight and away from stoves or any other heat sources.
- Please do not block the ventilations holes on the body of Vibe (this can prevent proper cooling of the device).
- Please use only the approved power cord - if you need another power cord, please contact email@example.com for a replacement. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs or exit points.
- Please do not subject the display to strong vibration or high impact at any time.
- To protect your display from possible damage, do not lift the display by placing your hand or fingers on the LCD panel - instead, please hold the frame when lifting.
- To avoid the risk of shock or permanent damage to the hardware, do not expose the display to dust, rain, water or an excessively moist environment.
- If your display becomes wet, wipe it with a dry cloth as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT: Use the standard Vibe screensaver ("HomeScreen" is the default) or customize your own screen saver and be sure to use several images to avoid the display from having unchanging static content.
Uninterrupted display of still or static images over an extended period may cause “burn in”, also known as “after-imaging” or “ghost imaging”, on your screen. This is a well-known phenomenon in LCD panel technology. In most cases, the “burned in” or “after-imaging” or “ghost imaging” will disappear gradually over a period of time after the power has been switched off.
WARNING: Severe “burn-in” or “after-image” or “ghost image” symptoms will not disappear and cannot be repaired. This is also not covered under the warranty terms.