Top to Bottom Toolbar Tutorial
This article applies to the Vibe Smartboard Pro 75″.
To start writing on the Vibe Canvas, grab a stylus and go to the Whiteboard Toolbar on the right side of the canvas.
Most of the Vibe features have been optimized to use with your Vibe Stylus, but you can use your fingers to resize objects or pan in and out of the Canvas.
Overview of Toolbar features:
- Toolbar Position: Selecting this arrow will
move the toolbar to the other side of the canvas. You can also do a long press on the toolbar to move it to anywhere else on the canvas.
- Strokes & Colors: Use this feature to select your stroke size (only available with the Pen) and color options.
- Pen Selection: Click on this and you will see 5 writing tools - the Pen, Highlighter, Laser Pointer, AI text convertor, and Smart Shape.
- Eraser: When using the Eraser feature, you can use the stylus to erase drawings and write on the board. Small movements will keep the eraser small, and if you erase more quickly, the eraser will get bigger and cover more surface area.
- Tap the Eraser to bring up 2 additional options: Clear Canvas (which will clear the entire Canvas except for imported documents) and Clear Strokes (this feature will clear drawing/ writing but retain images, Shapes, and Sticky Notes).
- Lasso: Use this feature to capture any area of content on the board or groups of objects that you want to move or delete. Once circled, content can be moved using a finger or the stylus, copied, cut, or deleted. To paste your selection, do a long press on the area of the Canvas where you want to paste.
- Text: Select Text on the toolbar, click anywhere on the board and start typing. If you're writing with a stylus, Vibe will take your handwriting and convert it over into text.
- Sticky Notes: Click this feature and then select a part of the Canvas to add a Sticky Note. When creating a Sticky Note, select your color preference at the top. To resize the Sticky Note, press and hold with a finger or the stylus and use the white navigation circles to resize or drag. To edit or delete the Sticky Note, click on it with the stylus or a finger and use the pop-up edit menu to make changes.
- Shapes: This feature allows you to select a preset Shape to add to the Canvas. Once you have added the Shape, you can adjust the outline color, background color, add text, copy, cut, delete or resize by selecting the Shape with your finger or stylus. When a Shape has been selected, you can also create connections between Shapes by drawing a line from the purple circles outside one Shape to the side of the other Shape. (Please see this video)
- Import: Use the Import feature to import images or documents from your cloud drives (See Cloud Drive Integrations for more details), or import Templates from your Template library.
- Undo/Redo: Use these arrows to undo or redo your latest action.
Canvas Settings: Select this feature in the bottom left corner of Canvas to change the background color or pattern on your Vibe Canvas.